Acupuncture is currently one of the most thoroughly researched, practiced, and respected forms of health care modality in the USA . Modern research has shown that acupuncture can cause multiple biological responses, either locally or throughout the body. It can increase the function of body systems such as the immune, endocrine, cardiovascular and nervous systems etc. Most importantly, it can improve the neurotransmitters and neurohormones which trigger the release of endorphins to treat a variety of pain conditions.
With over 10 years treating hospital in patients in China and 25 years practice in North America, Dr. Zhang has developed her own treatment style and approaches.
(1) She specializes in combining Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine to manage Emotional/Mental disorders, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Autoimmune diseases, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Allergies, Skin problems, and the common side effects of radiation & chemotherapy, etc.
(2) She effectively treated a wide range of pain conditions and medical diseases, such as:
- Pain conditions — Neck pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain, sciatica, hip pain, tennis elbow, trigger finger, bursitis, arthritis, restless legs syndrome, migrain headache, trigeminal neuralgia, TMJ, knee replacement recovery. plantar fasciitis;
- Emotional and mental disorders — depression, anxiety, insomnia, stress related conditions; poor memory, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, stroke recovery, Parkinson’s diseases, traumatic brain injury related symptoms;
- Respiratory problem — chronic sore throat, chronic cough, asthma;
- Digestive problems — GERD, chronic diarrhea, constipation, crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GB stone;
- Gynecological disorders — Irregular menses, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menopause, infertility, IVF support;
- Prenatal care — Morning sickness, miscarriage, depression, anxiety, anemia, acid reflux, edema, headache;
- Urinary system — Kidney stone, chronic UTI, urinary incontinence, prostatitis, erectile dysfunction (ED);
- Allergies — Allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, food allergy, contact dermatitis;
- Skin problems — Acne, eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, urticaria, herpes zoster/shingles, vitiligo;
- Adverse reactions/side effects to radiotherapy/chemotherapy — Fatigue, hair loss, anemia, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, mouth, tongue, and throat problems, peripheral neuropathy;
- ENT — Meniere’s disease, tinnitus, otitis media, chronic mouth ulcers, optic atrophy, glaucoma, dry eyes, watery eyes;
2. Chinese Herbology
Chinese herbal medicine is a fast growing treatment in the United States. It can be used alone or in combination with Acupuncture to enhance each other’s therapeutic effects. Chinese herbal medicine uses thousands of medicinal substances (primarily plants) to support the body’s natural healing abilities, which is different from the Western medical approach. In Chinese medicine, herbs are often combined in formulas by particular rules and given as teas, capsules, pills, granules or powders. The advantages of Chinese herbal medicine:
(1) Widely used: Chinese herbal medicine is widely usedfor many conditions, can target multiple signs and symptoms.
(2) Less side effects: Chinese herbal medicine uses all natural products. Compared with western medicine, Chinese herbal medicine is considered safer and with fewer side-effects if used appropriately. In recent years, the Chinese herbal medicine has proven quite successful in relieving the side effects of radiation or chemotherapy.
(3) Strengthen effects: Chinese herbal medicine can strengthen the function of body systems. Boost immune system. It is commonly used for disease prevention and health maintenance.
(4) Cost-effectiveness: Chinese herbal medicine is less expensive than conventional medicine for achieving equivalent treatment results.
Only qualified Chinese medical doctors know how to prescribe an individualized herbal formula that avoids possible adverse effects and maximizes the therapeutic effects.
3. Cupping Therapy, Gua Sha Therapy, Chinese Dietary Therapy
These Therapies have been used in China for thousands of years. They were originally used as the auxiliary methods in Chinese medicine. Dr. Zhang is good at use these methods alone or combine with Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for purpose of
- disease prevention
- disease treatment
- maintenance and consolidation
- general health promotion
- cosmetic applications
4. Body Constitution Diagnosis
The Body Constitution/Type Theory is an essential part of Chinese medicine. It classifies the human body into the nine different types based on both internal genetic and external factors. The type of body constitution reveals one’s body structural, physiological and psychological status, which lays the foundation for the best medical advice, health promotion, diseases prevention and treatment for the individual.
The 9 TCM Constitution Types are: (1) Neutral (2) Qi deficient (3) Yang deficient (4) Yin deficient (5) Phlegm-dampness (6) Dampness-heat (7) Blood stasis (8) Qi stagnation (9) Special type.
During the initial consultation, Dr. Zhang is expert in using unique Chinese medicine diagnostic methods to identify your body constitution and providing individualized advice (proper diet, exercise) or treatment plan to effectively prevent possible disease from arising or deteriorating.
- Initial consultation (15-45 minutes): $50 – $150 (one time)
- Acupuncture treatment: $100
Accepted Payment Methods: Cash, Debit Card, Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and JCB.